Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Nailed It!: Easy Nail Art

Seriously my two favorite things right now: o.p.i crackle polish (electric blue) & my purple heart ring!

I love nail polish, its just another fashion obsession that is unhealthy for my bank account ha ha.  Seems like they put it on display next to the registers on purpose knowing I'll just have to buy that new color!

I don't do acrylics because as a make up artist, they can get in the way ( and can be a little dangerous near the eyes ).  So I try to keep them nicely manicured and change my nail polish almost every week. I like them to have some texture so I might do a polk-a-dot look or maybe something animal print; maybe I'll share more nail art stories in the future.

But what if you don't feel so artistic or don't have such a steady hand or perhaps the time to do intricate nail art and you still want cool nails?

Then Crackle nail polish is for you! Several brands have come up with this amazing fun new polish that takes all the trouble of cool nail art.

How it works:

1. Do a regular base coat
2. Two coats of polish ( I used  a pearly white for the base color ) let completely dry
3. Brush on a coat of our favorite Crackle polish color & watch the magic happen!
(as the polish sets and dries it will crack giving you a great texture look)
4. Top coat

Done. Easy!